Roaring Fork Valley Holiday Events
Holiday events are an integral part of the Roaring Fork Valley. Now that the leaves have finally fallen and the snow is flying we put together our favorite Holiday Events throughout the valley and surrounding communities. From New Castle to Aspen here are our 5 favorite Holiday Events:
- New Castle: Tree Lighting
- This multi-day event begins December 2nd and continues through December 3rd. Things kick off at 6 PM Friday evening in Burning Mountain Park with the lighting of the tree, holiday music from local choirs and hot chocolate. Things continue on Saturday with a chili cook-off and craft fair!
- Glenwood Springs: Winter Stoke Film Festival
- This awesome event, put on by Sunlight Mountain Resort, takes place in the Crystal Theatre in Carbondale and features the best local edits of the year along with Warren Miller’s “Here, There, Everywhere.” So grab a friend and a ticket and don’t miss the ski season stoke!
- Light Up Carbondale
- For December’s First Friday Carbondale Arts is putting on “Light Up Carbondale” featuring Santa Clause, the lighting of the Forest Service Tree, and holiday selections from the Carbondale children’s theatre. The event takes place on Friday, December 2nd from 3-7 PM.
- Basalt: Holiday Lighting with Santa
- On December 2nd from 4-6 PM Santa will be in Willits and on December 9th 4-6 PM Santa will be in Lions Park! Santa will also be leading the holiday lighting ceremony at Lion’s Park to kick off the season! Make sure to bring the whole family to enjoy the beautiful festivities!
- 12 Days of Aspen
- Starting December 20th and ending December 31st, 12 Days of Aspen is a holiday bonanza with countless activities, events and dining options. Although there are many events you shouldn’t miss the Aspen Film Academy Screenings, highlighting 20 films that are all campaigning for academy awards. Make sure to head up valley for at least one evening with these awesome films!