Featured Town: Snowmass
For a quintessential Rocky Mountain experience, come to beautiful Snowmass Village Colorado. With exceptional skiing and snowboarding in the winter and magnificent hiking, fishing and biking in the summer, Snowmass is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream.
Snapshot of Snowmass Village
The population of 2,826 enjoys an amazing quality of life, working at resort related businesses such as lodging, property management, retail, consulting and professional services. Owl Creek and Brush Creek grace the town and flow north to the Roaring Fork River, which parallels Hwy 82. A short 15 drive from Aspen, Snowmass is one of the top ski resorts in North America. While it’s known as a family mountain, Hanging Valley Wall, The Cirque and terrain parks keep smiles on the faces of hard core skiers and snowboarders.
Snowmass annual events rival any mountain town in the country for popularity and sheer enjoyment.
– Snowmass Balloon Festival – During this weekend extravaganza, see hot air balloons rise in the early morning and at night during the Saturday Evening Glow. Kids Activities, free music and nourishing food rule the weekend. The Snowmass Wine Fest coincides with the hot air balloon events for a weekend full of fun and excitement.
– Jazz Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Festival – For 25 years JAS has brought headliners and up and coming musicians to Snowmass for a nonstop celebration of song, dance and the mountains. With acts like Lenny Kravitz, The Fray, Train and Steve Winwood, there’s something for everyone. Art, shopping and magnificent culinary offerings add to the atmosphere.
– Free Music Series –Spend a delightful summer evening on Fanny Hill, listening to energizing music and taking in the alpen glow surrounding the valley. Enjoy festival food and drink while the kids giggle at the clowns and jugglers.
– Big Hoss Grill – an affordable restaurant that offers BBQ, American and Mexican cuisines with a steak, seafood and pasta menu. Revel in the family friendly atmosphere on the gorgeous patio at the Snowmass Mall.
– Il Poggio – Handmade traditional Italian cuisine with an innovative twist awaits you. Get a quick pasta or pizza or immerse yourself fully in the dining room experience. Sweet potato ravioli, veal/truffle gnocchi and pizzetta are accompanied by Italian and California wines. Located on the upper level of the Snowmass Mall.
– Mountain Bayou Bar & Grill – Casual fun for the whole family, with Cajun specialties and BBQ dishes like pulled pork. Come to the Mountain Bayou for ribs, shrimp po-boys and other tantalizing dishes.
For the best in mountain lifestyle year round, experience the charm of Snowmass Village.