5 Tips for Finding the Perfect Vacation Rental in the Roaring Fork Valley
There are plenty of wonderful lodging rentals in the Roaring Fork Valley. How do you find the one which is the best for you?
Here are 5 tips for narrowing your vacation rental search.
1. Decide what you’re looking for. Consider location: Is it more important to be close to the ski slopes or would you rather be distant from the resort hubbub? Will you cook some meals, or is a coffeemaker your favorite kitchen appliance? Assessing your needs upfront can help shape your search for the best fit.
2. Know your budget. It’s easy to get swayed by magnificent photos of the fireplace and hot tub, but make sure the extra amenities fit with what you’re willing to pay. Is a weekly rate cheaper than a daily rate? Are there discounts for off season? Take note of the taxes and cleaning fees—these can be substantial.
3. Work with a reputable rental agency. Find out how long the agency has been in business and if they have relationships with other companies in the valley. Do they have a professionally designed website with realistic property photos?
4. What are the transportation options? With a rental car, you’ll need to find a parking space, pay for gas, study maps and deal with the car pickup\return. It may be worth taking public transportation. The Roaring Fork Transit Authority (RFTA) makes stops from Aspen to Rifle, providing a fast, efficient way to travel, allowing you to relax, read or shop online.
5. Determine if the rental is part of an association. If you’re renting from an individual owner and the heat goes out, you may need to wait a while before the issue is fixed. An association will have a plumber and other trades on call so that problems are fixed immediately.
At Aspen Glenwood MLS, it’s easy to filter rentals by bedrooms, bathrooms, location, property type and price. Simply choose your parameters, browse the list, make your choice and send an email through the Contact Agent form in the lower right corner. Since we are owned by the Aspen Board of Realtors and the Glenwood Springs Association of Realtors, you can be assured that every step of the rental process is backed by professional organizations.
Whether you want a 6-bedroom palace or a cozy in-town condo, Aspen Glenwood MLS has a huge selection of properties—one will be perfect for your family and friends.